Auto copy column formula to the new row

• Re: Auto copy column formula to the new row

Did you run the new code I posted? This will delete any rows that have a subtotal, reset the formats, and then reconfigure the table. I tested it on your latest sample worksheet, and it removed row 60 and then refreshed the subtotals for the entire table. Unless I missed something here you should just have to run the macro after any update to the table and it will refresh. Please advise if this is not the case.

Hi EggCel, yes I used the latest code posted but it did not delete the SUBTOTAL in row 60 after I refreshed the table using my MS Access query update.

By the way how did you test it using my sample worksheet? Did you import a table from an external data using an MS Access query? Thanks!

I need a point of clarification. Does it matter that the last subtotal is showing when you update the query? I assumed that it didn't since you were going to subtotal it directly afterwards, which is where it does the removal of this subtotal and resets the formats. If you require it to remove this last subtotal row that will require additions to the query macro. Please advise with more details.

Hi EggCel, I was putting new entries in the table and it seems that you are right. It'll just refresh everything even though the last SUBTOTAL row is still there. I hope this is ok for the users who will use the table...

I don't know how to thank you again for this. THANK YOU THANK YOU! :)

Do you only update via the query. In that case you could put this into the query macro

And it should just show the new query table. The user will then need to use your calculate button run the subtotal macro.

Wow!! Thanks EggCel! :) That last code made the table cleaner after the query update! :) Thank you so much for all your help! I wish I can code like you but I'm really not a programmer :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!