Tracking changes with selectionchange. How to define range where change occurs

• hi everybody,

i have a code using worksheet_selectionchange to detect if a change has been made within a defined range.

i have a module with the following code to first define the range:

next is the code to detect the if the change occurs with in the defined range. this code is within Sheet(1).

when i click play by itself, define_ranges work. i tested it by adding code to select Rprecomm and the correct range of cells are selected. when i click outside Columns("B:C"), the code executes correctly, which is to exit.

however, when i click within Columns("B:C"), it goes into debug mode and sub findcell is highlighted. also, when i go back into the excel sheet, i cannot click anything as the cell being selected is stuck at A1.

1)is the error with the declaration of Public Rprecomm or sub findcell? i use sub findcell for my other codes and it works fine.

2) another minor thing is that i want to execute selectionchange only after i input something, not when i click on a cell. how should i modify the code to reflect this?

thanks for the help!

• Re: Tracking changes with selectionchange. How to define range where change occurs

tried debugging and pausing the code at various points. sub worksheet_selectionchange works if the code exits the sub. problems lies with Call define_ranges.

seems like defining the range seems to be the problem. at Call define_ranges, the findcell sub is highlighted

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!