how can i organize my macro which got told having a length too long by excel

• Re: how can i organize my macro which got told having a length too long by excel

Welcome to Ozgrid.

Please do not use code tags with formulas -- these are reserved for use *ONLY* when posting VBA code.

In the forum "code" refers to VBA code not formulas.

You need to do the following:

• Explain in detail what you are trying to accomplish
    • Upload a sample workbook (dummy data, exact structure) to provide a true context and some content to help in developing the solution. Include examples of the desired results for clarity and confirmation the solution is delivering the results you need.

If you have not done so, please take time to read the forum rules.

• Re: how can i organize my macro which got told having a length too long by excel

First, why are you using ";" instead of "," to separate parameters in the various parts of the formula? For example, you use "SUBSTITUTE($F4;"/";"µ";1)", instead of "SUBSTITUTE($F4,"/","µ",1)". It seems you are doing that through out the formula. Is there something I don't know about separating parameters in formulas with a semicolon?

Second, to help with a formula like this it is very helpful to see the workbook you are trying to use it in. Can you post a sample workbook that we might be able to see what you are actually trying to do? Very possibly there is a simple formula that will do what you want with out all the repetition of functions. But to know what that is we need to see some data and workbook structure you are working with.

Thanks for your concern :)

Well, after I post, I though I could just add columns to reduce the length of the codes in some cells.
    And Yes my Excel version is from the UK. Many country get many different syntax. I am French and when I look for some tips on French web site, I need afterwards to check for the UK equivalent term. I was wandering why there was some code with "," in English and I did not though that USA got it another way than the UK. It is good to know. I will read the forum rules to know how to use it and if I cannot get through with my application I will post it here for help. It is a form for tournament (WFB). I should try to get some article about the way of using excel. The book I got is not about design, just about how to get on with excel.

Thanks for the information. I have not had occasion to have to work with Excel formulas for other countries (although I have helped some with questions from the UK and AU) so did not know about the ";" instead of ",". I will have to remember that if I need to help others outside the US.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!