Return Worksheet Row Data that is User Specific

• Hi All,

I am fairly new to VB but have really started to get into it as I find it invaluable in my job. I have been searching Google for the answer to my query, but so far have drawn a blank.

I have a Worksheet that has rows of data that have been added using a Userform. I then have another Userform to review this data. I have cobbled together the code from various sources so that when the userform is opened, the data populates and the user can then navigate the the next line or previous line. This is great, but I don't want all of the users to see all of the data. I only want them to be able to see the data that they have entered.

I suspect the solution will involve an InputBox that asks for the user name and the result of that InputBox will trigger the userform to return data specific to that user. The data isn't sensitive, so if a user chose another persons name, it would not be a problem that they can see that persons data. I just want to make it easy for the user to see their own records.

I can attach my worksheet if that will help, but will have to 'cleanse' it first. However, if anyone has ready written code for this, I'm sure I will be able to slot it in myself.

Just want to say what a great source of information this forum is. I would be nowhere without it!!! :)

Thanks

Dave

• Re: Return Worksheet Row Data that is User Specific

I have a userform that displays data from a sheet into a ListBox, it also has comboboxes to filter specific fields. I'm not sure if that is what you want without seeing what you have now

• Re: Return Worksheet Row Data that is User Specific

Hi royUK,

That sounds like the sort of thing I am looking for. I haven't used a ListBox yet, but will that filter data based on the value in the ListBox? If so, I should be able to write that code once I have swatted up on ListBoxes.

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!