last stock price from yahoo finance

• I forget exactly who's scripts I modified for this one (and I'll admit, I'm an absolute VBA novice, I don't claim to be good by at all so if it's sloppy, don't be too harsh!), I actually collected a variety of sources to make this work. But this macro simply grabs the two ticker symbols in A2 and A3 and puts the last prices (from yahoo finance) below. I know it's a really simple tool, but I haven't found anything like this floating around, it will be useful to me....I hope this will help someone else also.

• Re: last stock price from yahoo finance

hmmm, I think you've got a bit of code missing. Where's the code that actually downloads the stock data? your workbook just seems to pull data from a spreadsheet called Quotes

Scratch the above, just re-read the code

FWIW I use

I then use this as a worksheet function:

PHP
    =GetTicker("GOOG")

Nice submissions, both.

blah17 - Nothing wrong with it at all. Only a minor quibble in that it'll fall over in versions of Excel prior to 2007 because of the reference to column ZA. Also, you don't need to select a range before doing something with it

Attached has been re-written slightly to address the points above, plus it will pull back a list of up to 30 symbols...

Kyle123 - Nice to have an example of downloading using REST API.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!