Counting only unique values

• Hi,

On my sheet I have a series of countifs functions. The last one I need is to count three Criterias (Within a date range, the level it falls in, and inspections number)
    The inspection numbers however duplicate and I only want to count them once.

Help please!

Nothing drives me more crazy than when i get to the last part of a function and i cant figure it out!

Thanks so very much forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/49572/

• Re: Counting only unique values

There is some difficulties to handle the file, formulas are making reference to a temporary file and the result is #VALUE.
    Can you show the formula you are using as text in a cell and perhaps upload again your file.

Triumph without peril brings no glory: Just try

Hello boll55. The attached file may not be exactly what you were looking for but maybe it might provide a start or help in some other manner. Just click the 'Count' button.

Files

You can say "THANK YOU" for help received by clicking the "Like" icon in the bottom right corner of the helper's post.
    Practice makes perfect. I am very far from perfect so I'm still practising.

sorry i dont think i was clear enough on what i wanted/ needed. sorry to have wasted you time with this but here is a better explination of what i want:

On my sheet I have a series of countifs functions. The last one I need is in (L2) i need it to observe three Criterias (Within a date range (Violations A:A) , the level it falls in (Violations K:K), and inspections number (Violations C:C)) The inspection numbers however duplicate and I only want to count them once.

In L2 I need a it count all the instances that are in the date range of 6/23/10-7/28/10, the deduct the ones that are not a level 1 and then deduct all the reaccuring Inspection numbers.

the number I am looking to get it 4. I got 8 but i need the inspection numbers to NOT COUNT duplicates.

hopefuly that is a little clearer

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!