Multi-Level Data Validation Problem

• I was completely through editing my document, but had to change two tab names (and their names associated throughout the rest of the workbook). The workbook is attached for your consideration.

CCLT_17_14_1” was previously labeled as “Klause_19_9

And “Morgan_13_5” was previously labeled as “Hendrick_27_7

Everything is still working correctly except my second data validation [Second Selection – Select Date:] on the REPORT tab.

What did I do and how do I fix it? All help is appreciated!

forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/51650/

• Re: Multi-Level Data Validation Problem

You use 2 named ranges with names, “Klause_19_9” & “Hendrick_27_7

1) Change these using the new names

2) Change the formula that you use in the Validation List in cell B17 of Report Sheet.

Regards

Fotis :hammerhe:

[SIZE=4]. [/SIZE]Array(CSE) { }, formulae are confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

[SIZE=4]. [/SIZE]-Replace commas ( , ) with semicolons ( ; )-or vice versa in formulae, if your locale setting demands.

[SIZE=4].[/SIZE]--Don't attach a screenshot--Just attach your Excel file!

[SIZE=4].[/SIZE]--[SIZE=3]KISS[/SIZE]([SIZE=2]Keep it simple Stupid[/SIZE])

Fotis1991,

Hello again! I tried changing the Data Validation for the second Validation

FROM
    =IF(B13="Hendrick_27_7",Hendrick_27_7,Klaus_19_9)

TO
    =IF(B13="Morgan_13_5",Morgan_13_5,CCLT_17_14_1)

And I received the following message: “A Named Range You Specified Cannot Be Found.”

Additionally, a friend helped with adding the "autopopulate date ranges" on the Data Validation tab. I haven't adjusted anything with the code, could this be affecting it? Lastly, I may be adding more locations (tabs), will this affect this formula? Thanks!

My first attachment is a sample of how can you fix it as i suggested in my previous post..

As you mentioned that you will need to use more sheets(tabs), my opinion is that will be difficult to use multiply if in the cell that you choose dates using data valitation.

So i add 2 more helper-hidden columns in Data Validation sheet and used a name in a dynamic range. MyRange is the name.

=OFFSET('Data Validation'!$C$2;0;0;COUNT('Data Validation'!$C:$C);1)

Now you can add as many as you want sheets and validation list in Report sheet will work perfectly.

Let us know!:yes:

Files

Regards

[SIZE=4]. [/SIZE]Array(CSE) { }, formulae are confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

[SIZE=4]. [/SIZE]-Replace commas ( , ) with semicolons ( ; )-or vice versa in formulae, if your locale setting demands.

You are welcome BUT is not kind at all to cross posting. In All forums τηε respondents are volunteers who have at their leisure any knowledge to help. Read here why.

http://www.excelguru.ca/conten…ge-to-forum-cross-posters

Cross post here.

http://www.excelforum.com/exce…a-validation-problem.html

Regards

Thanks Fotis -

Hi Warrior, you are welcome to the forum. As Fotis mentioned please ensure when posting on Ozgrid (and any other VBA forum) that you let people know if you have posted it somewhere else. This prevents people from potentially wasting their time on questions that have been answered on other forums. Thank you for your support!

Regards
    Ger

Why are Halloween and Christmas the same? Because Oct 31 = Dec 25... ;)

Thanks Ger.:)

As you noticed My English are not so good, so my Explanations(in any issue) may not be understood by many members of the forum.

Regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!