Conditional format formula

• Hi All,

First of all, apologies for a cross post here.
    I tried to delete my original from the wrong area but cannot.

Any thoughts on how to conditional format a (n) count of cells in a row.

i.e. Cell A1 has a value of 14 - So A10:A24 (14 cell count) are formatted green

This is based on the cell count not a generic fill as the value in A1 Changes so I want the cells to change too.

Thanks

• Hello,

From A10 to A24 ... the cell count is 15 ... and not 14 ...

Regarding the formula ... if your target range starts for example in cell A5 ... you can test following:

Code
    =AND(ROW(A5)-10<=$A$1,ROW(A5)-10>=0)

Hope this will help

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• Hi again,

To blank out ... Or to Black out ... :thumbup:

Just select your range C1:U6 ... and fill it with black ... or whatever color you want ...

Since conditionnal formatting overtakes the underlying standard format ... you are all set ... :wink:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• Perfect Thank you
    I have an issue with the solution you posted though.
    As there is underlying formula (but results are blank) in the range A1:A100, they too get formatted

How can I stop this?

Thanks

• Sorry ...

But I cannot understand what the range A1:A100 has to do with the range C1:U6 ... ???

• Hi Carim

I only created a sample file, I guess I should have included the whole range. I though I would be able to have this dynamic.
    There will be additional rows included,but can vary, they will not however be greater than 100 rows.

Thanks

• Hi again,

Obviously .. I do not know what you are doing at your end ...

BUT the formula provided is indeed ... dynamic ...

So ... it is quite difficult to visualize the difficulty you seem to be facing ...

• Awesome Carim

Thank you

Glad you could fix your initial problem ... :wink:

Thanks for both ... your Thanks AND for the Like ...:smile:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!