If cell contains any text return text in another cell

• Hello,

I'm currently working on a project for work and have hit a wall. I need the words "In Progress" to appear in one cell, when a customer's name appears in another cell, in a different column. I'm using VBA and have tried many different formulas, but none of them work when I plug in a customer's name.

If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• In which cell do you want

[SIZE=13px]"In Progress" and in which cell will you enter the customer's name?[/SIZE]

You can say "THANK YOU" for help received by clicking the "Like" icon in the bottom right corner of the helper's post.
    Practice makes perfect. I am very far from perfect so I'm still practising.

• Please give a try to this, you can amend this for the cell reference
    =IF(COUNTA(A11,I11)=2,"",IF(COUNTA(A11,I11)=0,"","<--In Progress"))

thanks
    aleem

• I've attached the blank template I've constructed. This is what I am currently using to record and track my cases. As you can see, in the "In Progress" worksheet, column A is where the EApp number will appear. When the number does appear, I need column E to automatically return the words "In Progress". I've tried many different formulas, but none have worked. I can't use a normal formula within the VBA format because it throws off the whole row. If there is anyway I can format this to happen, within VBA, I would really appreciate the help.

Aleem,
    Thank you for your formula. Unfortunately, it does't work....

• Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab for your "In-Progress" sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Enter a value in column A and exit the cell.

Code
    Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
        If Intersect(Target, Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
        If Target <> "" Then
            Range("E" & Target.Row) = "In Progress"
        Else
            Range("E" & Target.Row) = ""
        End If
    End Sub

You can say "THANK YOU" for help received by clicking the "Like" icon in the bottom right corner of the helper's post.

• You are very welcome. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!