Search text in multiple sheets and display adjacent cell along with sheet info

• Hello Excel Gurus,

First time posting novice here trying to learn VBA. I have been trying to learn by reverse engineering all of great examples provided here. I am stuck and could not find a solution to the following task and any support would be greatly appreciated.
    1. I have a workbook with multiple sheets, sheet 1 being the query output and the rest contain the data
    2. I would like to click a button to initiate a text entry box where a person's name is entered (data in column B)
    3. Any full or partial match will result in the adjacent (column C) being pasted in the output column A sheet 1
    4. The associated sheet name (Person) is displayed in output column B sheet 1
    5. It would be great to be able to reset the query sheet via a reset button so another name can be searched

I am attaching an example to try and demonstrate it better. The data relationship and distribution is similar to what I am encountering.

Thank you for your time.

• Try this. It'll automaitcally clear out old query before running, and it returns all matches and relvant info.

Best Regards,
    Luke M
    =======
    "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

• Thank you Luke for your help! It works great and I like your comments that explained the actions.

I appreciate your time and assistance!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!