Excel macro to enable/disable worksheet event macros in all worksheets in a workbook

• Hi all,

I need some help. I am not sure whether it is possible. I have a workbook with 5 sheets. The structure of each sheet is same and i have placed a below macro in each of the worksheet

I realized this macro will run every time users change the values in column S:V in any row. This is what i initially wanted. However, this is a shared workbook placed at a network location and i observed it is slowing down the data entry.

Now i am thinking i want to run the above event macros only when i open the workbook and do the change. The above macros should not work when other users do the change. Is there a way to accomplish this? May be an additional macro (i can assign this to a button) to enable and disable the above macro.

Thanks for any help offered.

Best regards,
    Rahul

• Re: Excel macro to enable/disable worksheet event macros in all worksheets in a workb

Place your Macro in "ThisWorkbook" Open Event. Its located under the Sheets in the VBA Editor. The code will only run when the book opens.

[SIZE=3]The Only Dumb Question Is A Question Not Asked.[/SIZE]

• Re: Excel macro to enable/disable worksheet event macros in all worksheets in a workb

Quote from yegarboy;657115

Place your Macro in "ThisWorkbook" Open Event. Its located under the Sheets in the VBA Editor. The code will only run when the book opens.

Thank you very much yegarboy for the reply. I went ahead with my original plan and the macros are placed in individual worksheets. Its not posing any issues which i original thought. I will definitely try your method if i encounter any issues. Thank you once again,

my problem is solved:)

Best regards,
    Rahul

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!