Hiding multiple sheets based on true/false status of cells

• Hi all,

New (and exasperated) VBA user here. I have browsed the forum trying to cannibalize VBA code to achieve my goal, but I think I will finally have to admit defeat.

I am trying to hide subsequent named sheets based on the true/false status on sheet 1 for various products (for example, cell D9 with a "FALSE" status would hide from sheet "ZAPEX ZW KK ZWN" to sheet "ZAPEX ZW KK ZWS_ZBR_ZWB_ZWBT MP",) but to be quite frank, I am struggling to get it to hide even just 1 sheet. The code I originally tried was as follows:

Now I admit I know I have done something wrong (as it doesn't work), but for the life of me I am not sure what it is!

Could someone please just provide me with some pointers so I can start pushing ahead?

Many thanks in advance for any guidance!

Regards
    Mat

• Should rngSheets be referencing column A rather than D as D contains True/False, and then it should be offsetting by 3?

That said, your values in A do not appear to match sheet names, so I am slightly confused.

• Try this but not test

• So does the

Code
    Set rngSheets = .Range("D9", .Range("D9").End(xlDown))

define where the VBA code starts in reference point for the True/False statement, then the

Code
    ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(rngSht.Value).Visible = (rngSht.Offset(0, 1).Value = "TRUE")

offsets the cell it looks from? I ideally need the code to identify if the cell states True or False, then hide a batch of worksheets if the status is False. Kind Regards Mat

• But in your file, D9 contains "TRUE" (your data actually starts in row 5 so not sure why your code starts at 9) so then this line

Code
    ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(rngSht.Value).Visible = (rngSht.Offset(0, 1).Value = "TRUE")

is looking for Worksheets("TRUE") which doesn't exist. The offset is column E which is empty.

• Hi Stephen,

Oh so the code is looking for a worksheet named "TRUE", not a cell? That would explain it then!

Regarding starting in D9, that is because that TRUE/FALSE statement is related to the first batch of worksheets (convenience just to check my coding).

Regards
    Mat

• Well it is looking for a cell and then it is taking the value of that cell which is "TRUE". In the loop this line is saying

Code

look for the sheet named the same as the value of the cell rngSht, which is D9 in the first iteration. That's why I suggested you use column A.

• So, I have been doing some more tinkering, trying different codes (without really knowing what I am doing), and now I have got it to try and process something, but nothing changes.

The code I have is a slight variation on the one provided by graha_kayra above, but as follows:

I have tried to define just one sheet for it to change, and limited the range to just that specific cell....the macro seems to run, but does not change anything.

I have attached a screen shot of the cell that I am testing against, and the tab which should hide when the status is false...but as you can probably guess, zero success at the moment! (I am trying to teach myself all I can via various websites, and so far I have learnt how to change the colour of a box....)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Capture.JPG","data-attachmentid":1210452}[/ATTACH]

Many thanks in advance for any help
    Mat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!