Use arrow keys (Up/Down) to move through Combobox Dropdown list

• I created a combobox to help the user to type the right name of a item that he's looking for. The combobox will suggest the possible values that the user can select, I did this combobox by using this guide (https://trumpexcel.com/excel-d…-with-search-suggestions/)
    The only problem I found is the only way to select the value is by typping every letter or to click using the mouse in the dropdown list, but I want to allow the user to use the arrows keys to move through the list.
    By using that combobox if the user use the arrow key it selects the first value in the dropdown list therefore removing all other matches

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Exemple of the problem","data-attachmentid":1210446}[/ATTACH]
    What I want is when using the arrow keys it wont select the value but scroll through the list until he founds what he needs.
    I looked everywhere and found some people that had the same issues but none of them could help me, and thats why im here trying to found the answer.

Sample of the workbook attached to the topic

• That solution didnt help because what I want is a dynamic list that for every letter typed it filter the list range to only show the possible matches, but seeing how your file worked it may have show me how I can fix my problem, but i dont know if its possible to do it.

Lets me explain what i understood of the problem

My dynamic list range works by for every letter that is typed in the combobox it changes the value in the linked cell, and using the value of the linked cell it update the dynamic range list to only show the possibles matches.

If I use the arrow keys to move through the combobox list the linked cell get the full value of the option in the dropdown list therefore updating the dynamic range list and since this new value only have one match it exclude all the other options.

To fix this problem I tought in this solution, if the key pressed is not an arrow key then all the changes are sent to the linked cell, but if the arrow key is used it stop sending the values to the linked cell to allow the user to move through the list and when he founds its he press Enter and then the selected value is sent to the linked cell.

Anyone knows if this is possible?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!