Sales table formula

• Hi,

I am after formulas for 2 cells in a spreadsheet.

Column A is a Cost price (derived from a report)
    Column B is for a Sell Price
    Column C is for the GP%

I want to be able to enter an amount into Column B that will give Column C the GP%. Also the reverse so that I change the figure in Column C it will adjust the Sell price in Column B.

Can anybody help with this?

edit - have added spreadsheet for better explanation 'Excel Form post example.xlsx'

Thank you

• Hi and Welcome to the Forum :smile:

To make things a lot easier ... why don't you attach a sample file ...:wink:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hi,

Thanks a lot for your sample file ... :wink:

It does make it extremely simple to suggest a solution ... :smile:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Carim,

That is exactly what I was looking for... it's fantastic. Thank you! I wasn't even sure it was possible.

I looked at the VBA code and don't understand it but I will work it out.

I 'really' appreciate you doing this Carim, thank you.

• Thanks for providing the sample file ... :wink:

Glad this does help you out ...

Thanks for your Thanks ... :smile:

• Hey Carim,

Can I ask how you learnt so much and suggest a direction I could take to start? I'm trying to learn VBA but it seems so comprehensive. How did you start and how long has it taken you?

• The ideal solution is to confront yourself with real life cases ...

like the one you posted ... :wink:

Just go step-by-step ...

In addition to Forums, there are some reference sites where you can find a huge collection of real life solutions :

1. John Walkenbach ... is an Excel Legend : http://spreadsheetpage.com/

2. Debra Dalgleish ... has created a truly amazing site : https://contextures.com/

Hope this will help you progress ...

• You are welcome ...

Wish you All the Best in your Excel Journey ... !!! :smile:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!