I am new to VBA and hoping I can find help for my question here:
I have a few excel which has 23 columns and another few with 7 columns with headers which I get daily with new data. I have another excel which is my master excel where I have all the data updated from the daily excel I receive. My master excel has only 12 headers and columns. The header names are not the same on the master excel and the daily excel that I receive but it is fixed headers on both the excels. On a daily basis I:
1. Save all the new excel I received to the same folder as my master excel. Open my master excel, Open all the new excel I receive, manually match the header and copy data from the new Excel to the master excel, under correct headers, under the existing data on the master excel.
2. Save my master Excel and close all the excel.
3. Delete the new excels I received.
4. Go one folder up and Open a new folder with today's date.
5. Put a coy of my master excel with the updated data inside the new folder.
I want to create a macro that can do all these with a click of a button and I want a macro that will open all my new excel one by one automatically and I want a macro that can match the headers on the master excel and the new excels I get daily and copy all the data from the daily excel go to my master excel find the next available cell on the master excel and paste the data under the correct header. Data in My master excel is in a table but the daily excel is not in a table. Also on my master excel, the first column is a reference number which is a running number, so every time a data is pasted the number filled with a reference. I want a macro that I can do all this with a click of a button as this is something I do everyday. However, the number of files I get daily is not fixed. Sometimes I get five sometimes seven, sometimes two. The headers on the files I receive is fixed and the header on my master excel is also fixed but they don;t have the same headers.
Hoping for some help from you all please.