Lookup from Different Sheets

• Hi All

Attached is a sample sheet with tasks to be completed.
    They all have unique IDs, Status and completion dates

On Sheet 2, I would like to show the tasks that are to be completed for the date (today) shown in B3 and an entire list of open tasks.

However, I would like this to be concatenated into once cell if at all possible.

Sample data on sheet 2 what I would like to be shown is in RED

There are limitations here though as this is Excel 2013 and you cannot use "TEXTJOIN"

Any help please.

• Hi Carim

Welcome back, seems like you have been away for ages...

Thanks for the UDF, it works a treat.

Nice work

• Just a thought though,

The actual sheet 1 has more columns and sheet 2 cells are in different locations, would the UDF need modifying?

• Away due to several business trips ...

Glad you could fix your problem ... :wink:

Thanks for your Thanks ...AND for the Like ... :smile:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• Just a thought though,

The actual sheet 1 has more columns and sheet 2 cells are in different locations, would the UDF need modifying?

Just noticed your message ... difficult to guess what the differences are ...

Would you mind modifying the Test ConcatIf file to ensure it is a valid replica of your actual workbook ...

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• Hi Carim

No worries, I managed to modify it.
    I guess that's the problem with sample sheets, unless the structure is identical, there could be issues in transposing solutions to the final worksheet.

Appreciate the help again

Thanks

• Glad to hear you have managed to adapt the solution to your actual workbook ... :smile:

Cheers

:wink:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!