I have absolutely no experience in using Excel functions or macros so though I might find some help from here.
Thing is, I have an excel sheet for a private competition in sports games.
How can I do a function, that automatically calcutes points for every "bet" against the game result?
If game finishes 4-3 I'd like to compare it for every players guessed score and give points according to this:
1. If the bet is completely correct (4-3) -> Return 10 (points). In case of tie (like 3-3, -> Return 20 (points)
2. If the bet has a correct winner, with correct goals for eather team (4-x / x-3) -> Return 4 (points)
3. If the bet has a correct winner (home/visitor) -> Return 3 (points)
4. If the bet has incorrect winner but amount of goals for eather team correct -> Return 1 (point)
5. If the bet is completely wrong -> Return 0 (points)
At least for me, this sounds more like rocket science but just wanted to check if this is anyway doable.