Need help with a formula/VLook up to pull data from a feed sheet

• Hi everyone

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I have.

I have 2 worksheets and I need a formula/VLookup to pull data automatically once the feed sheet is pasted in.

The 'Payroll' spreadsheet need to pull any exceptions from the 'Hours' sheet. (The hours exception codes are located in cells AF11 - AF20)

So for example Tom Smith has 3 separate periods of holiday hours within the 'Hours' sheet (totalling 8 hours) and I would like this to be pulled into the corresponding cells within the 'Payroll' sheet.

I hope I have explained this correctly and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    Tom

• Thanks Carim

I need the ‘Payroll’ sheet to pull through and auto populate the data in columns E to M and also the data in columns O to AB based on the data being pulled from hours sheet if that makes sense.
    The data that goes in column AD are contracted hours that pull through from a separate sheet, but as I had to swap the names to dummy names I have not included this and will add this back in later.

Kind regards
    Tom

• Hi again,

Sorry but not 100% sure to understand your exact objective ...

Would you mind modifying you Test file to reflect your expected results ...

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hi Carim

So for example, if we take Tom Smith on the 'Hours' sheet he has a total of 8 hours, 1hr holiday on 5th March, 2hrs unpaid leave on 7th March and 5hrs holiday on 8th March. I would like columns O to AB to pull through from 'Hours' sheet how many hours were taken on each day along with the appropriate absence code.

I have entered Tom Smith hours in manually to show what it would look like as an example.

Thanks in advance
    Tom

• Administrative Note:

We would very much like to help you more with your query, however it has been brought to our attention that the same query has been posted on one or more other forums and you have not provided the required cross-post link(s) here.
    Read this to understand why we (and other sites like us) consider this to be important.

(Note: this requirement is not optional. No Help to be offered until the link is provided.)

Ali :)

Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel who's always learning!
    If anyone has helped you towards solving a problem, then you can thank them by clicking on the like icon bottom right.

:!:Forum Rules

• Thank you.

More than one thread on the same issue = thread duplication.
    The same query on another forum = cross-posting.

Two different rules! :)

Ali :)

Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel who's always learning!
    If anyone has helped you towards solving a problem, then you can thank them by clicking on the like icon bottom right.

:!:Forum Rules

• Hi,

Most probably you have not attached the file you are referring to ... :wink:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hi Carim

I have updated the dates and reattached the file.

All I need it to do is update Columns O10, Q10, S10, U10, W10, Y10,AA10 with the amount of hours for the relevant day from the 'Hours' sheet and then Columns P10, R10, T10, V10, X10, Z10 to pull from the 'Hours' sheet (but this one will need to cross reference the absence codes in AF11-AG19.

I hope I have explained this well enough, if there is a formula/look up that can do this the result would be the same as what I have typed in manually for Tom Smith.

Thanks in advance ,
    Tom

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!