Combo Box Query Search

• Hey everyone!

I'm just getting into using access and I've come to my first road block with the combo box query search.

I have a table with [FirstName][LastName][EmpID] then I set a query with

Code
    Full_Info: [Rank] & " " & [EMP_L_Name] & ", " & Left([EMP_F_Name],1) & " " & [Emp_ID]

When I made my custom query using the combo box search just for last names, it worked. The problem is having people with the same name so I set the query to use the query Emp_Extended for the drop down
    I'm sure the problem is something related to the bound column and its just for asthetics that I set it up this way.
    I could have just set the query to [LastName][FirstName] [EmpID] and had 3 columns in the drop down list.

Hopefully my question makes sense?
    I wasn't entirely sure what to search for to find the answer to the problem im having, if you could point me in a direction that would be great!

Thank you!

• Fixed my problem.

On the table I was searching for specific employee names, I changed the way the data was inputted and now its in the same format as I'd like to search with the drop down box

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!