Remove Color from cells without using Select

• Below code does nothing, need solution

Code
    Sub NoYellow()

If ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Interior.Color = Excel.XlRgbColor.rgbYellow Then ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Interior.Color = xlNone

End Sub
  • How does you code integrate into your project, spread sheet? Could a For...Next loop be used?

Code
    For i = 1 to 100
      [INDENT]For j = 1 to 20[/INDENT]
      [INDENT=2]If ActiveSheet.Cells(i,j).Interior.Color = Excel.XlRgbColor.rgbYellow Then ActiveSheet.Cells(i,j).Interior.Color = xlNone[/INDENT]
      [INDENT]Next j[/INDENT]
      Next i

Though I must admit I haven't seen too much of this used:

Code
    Excel.XlRgbColor.rgbYellow

If the color is not exactly Excel.XlRgbColor.rgbYellow it might just return a false in the IF statement.

I would generally use a more standard approach:

Code
    Cells(i,j).Interior.Color =vbYellow

' or 

Cells(i,j).Interior.Color = RGB(255, 255, 0)

[INDENT=2] [/INDENT]

• In your first code: is i a row and j a column?
    That code works, but is there a way to modify it to automatically detect what the used range is, rather than having to ball park it in the code?

• How about looping through the UsedRange? (I can't see how you can test the whole of the UsedRange at once - it could contain many different colours)

Code
    Sub NoYellow()
        Dim rngCell As Range

For Each rngCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
            If rngCell.Interior.Color = Excel.XlRgbColor.rgbYellow Then rngCell.Interior.Color = xlNone
        Next rngCell

End Sub
  • I tested three different colors present simultaneously, covering both - area with data in cells and outside of data area. All rgbYellow converted to xlNone - just as desired.

Thank you both!

Total range in test was about A1:X40, hopefully will work just as well in greater ranges...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!