auto populate 1 row, not 2 based on a lookup

• How would you guys suggest handling this.
    When this code was written all the aircraft we were using had 2 engines and now we have aircraft that are single engines as well but the code auto inputs 2 rows 1 for each engine position even though that particular aircraft only has 1 engine.

Unfortunately i inherited this excel document and my VBA skills are far less then the person before me.
    the code has made life pretty simple and if I just have to keep deleting the 2nd row then I guess I can live with that but I imagine theres a easy solution, at least I hope.

I was thinking of adding a vlookup table on the LIST tab with Aircraft models and a number for how many engines those model aircraft have so when the code ran it would look to see how many rows to create?
    I think im on the right track but I'm not sure how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

• What is the password for the VB Editor?

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• You could try this:

Add a new column to the table on the List sheet columns I:K, the new column (column L) would be the number of engines for each aircraft.

Then change your code to

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• You're welcome

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!