Using TODAY function in a VLOOKUP formula

• I am trying to put a task rota together; This includes Daily and weekly tasks (those only done once a week)

Rather than have to manually update who is assigned on a weekly basis I put together a table which basically performs a VLOOKUP and looks at the Thursday of each week, I have the formula:

=VLOOKUP($F$1+(3-WEEKDAY($F$1,2)+1),$B$56:$J$146,2)

Where the function =TODAY() is in cell F1, Whilst this works, my question is, is there a way of replacing the F1 reference with the TODAY function in the formula directly?

I tried just changing it which didn’t work and I appreciate I’m probably using a convoluted way of doing something very simple.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Hello,

Have you tried :

=VLOOKUP(Today()+(3-WEEKDAY(Today(),2)+1),$B$56:$J$146,2)

Hope this will help

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• That's Great thank you - i didn't put the brackets in after which makes me feel like a massive idiot but thank you, much appreciated.

• You are welcome ...:wink:

We all have our tiny moments with some lack of attention ...

Thanks for your Thanks AND for the Like ..::smile:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!