Deleting filtered row from table after copying to another sheet

• Hello all
    I have a table starting from Column B to G and it has date (for validation purpose) in column D.
    What i am trying to achieve is move data of rows whose date is past today to another sheet.
    i want to delete only table rows not the data in column A as it contains Serial No.
    i am able to do copy and paste or delete the rows but it delete's the complete row thereby upsetting the sequence number.
    please help me with the code.

Thanks n regards

• Hello,

Not sure to understand your numbering formula in Column A ...

Could =ROW()-4 be of any help ...?

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• Hello Carim
    =SUBTOTAL(3,$D$5:D7)
    I am trying this formula so that when any row is deleted the serial number autonumber adjusts. for example if i have 10 rows of data from A5 to A15 and row 7, 9 and 10 are deleted for outdateddata the serial number automatically changes from 1 to 12, not 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 11 12 13 14 15, i.e. missing the deleted rows.
    and moreover if you run the code on Sheet1(BookingPage) it gives an error.
    I am trying to delete the outdated data from Sheet1 and paste it to Sheet2(Oldrecord).

Thanks in advance

• Hello,

Have you tried to replace your subtotal formula ... by

Code
    =Row()-4

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• Hi again,

The main question is to determine if you need a UNIQUE identifier Number... or if you need to have a simple counter ...

• If we forget your counter formula ...

Attach is your test file to copy filtered rows from Source to Destination... and then delete filtered rows from Source sheet...

Hope this will help

• Glad it solves your problem :wink:

Thanks for your Thanks ...AND for the Like ... :smile:

• Hello Carim
    Just got stuck again, if somehow all row data is deleted Row 5 onwards (i.e. from where Row()-4 formula started then have to rewrite the code. is there any way that instead of writing the code in cell it is done through VBA.

• Hello,

You can amend your macro and insert following instructions at the end ...

Hope this will help

• Hello Carim
    The problem now i came across is,
    1. if all the rows on sheet 1 have outdated data, the code delete's all the rows minus one and when i click again on delete row button it delete's it, but there is error "Delete method of class fail".
    I may not have copied the formula correctly (please correct me).

Please check the attachment

Thanks again

• Hello,

Thanks for your test file ...

Will look into this issue of deleting ALL records

• Once you have tested the macro ... feel free to share your comments ...

• Hello Carim
    Thanks a ton, as of now it is working flawless. incase any problem will get back to you.

Thanks again, keep doing the good work
    Regards

Ajit

• Good to hear it is all sorted out ... :wink:

Thanks for your Thanks ..AND for the Like ...:smile:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!