Copying Current Tab and Renaming Based on Cell Values

• Hi Guys,

I'm trying to recreate tabs for the same layout but different name.

The names are in cells i46:i92 in the current sheet.

Current tab name Marine.

Also I have a question. Could macro help me solve another problem when Im copying over the tab the Microsoft Excel window keep appearing asking

The name already exists. Click Yes to use that version of the name or click No to rename version of youre moving or copying.

Any way to solve this problem in the macro too ? If not I will have to use a stapler and leave my pc idle for a couple minutes ;)

Thanks !

• Hello,

You have not posted your current macro ...

You can copy and rename your sheet with following instructions

Code
    Sheets("Marine").Copy after:=Sheets("Sheet7")
    ActiveSheet.Name = "NewName"

Hope this will help

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• Try:

You can say "THANK YOU" for help received by clicking the "Like" icon in the bottom right corner of the helper's post.
    Practice makes perfect. I am very far from perfect so I'm still practising.

• [USER="138669"]Mumps[/USER]

Hello,

Read the request way too fast ...:duh:

Your code is obviously what the OP is looking for ... :smile:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• [USER="31712"]Carim[/USER]

Been there, done that. :smile:

You can say "THANK YOU" for help received by clicking the "Like" icon in the bottom right corner of the helper's post.
    Practice makes perfect. I am very far from perfect so I'm still practising.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!