Extracting last set of numbers from string

• Hi,

I am trying to figure out on how to extract the last set of numbers from the string but not sure how.

String:
    abc123qwe456zxc
    okj99989 bnmmn 888yyy

Results:

Can you help? I am trying to avoid using VBA for this case.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

• Hi,

Based on your string structure, you should test

Code
    =LEFT(RIGHT(A2,6),3)

Hope this will help

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Thanks Carim for your reply.

What if the alphabet count at the end of the string varies? e.g. abc 123qwe456qweqwe to get result of 456.

Thanks

• The sample data as below.
    I wish to extract the length data from the dimension description. The length of the alphabet after the last set of numbers at the end varies.
    [TABLE="border: 1, cellpadding: 1, width: 500"]

[tr]

[td]

Dimension (width x length)

[/td]

[td]

Length (Results needed)

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

300MM x 400M EXP

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

250MM x 1000YDS EXP

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

500IN x 250 FT (XYZ)

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

• Thanks for the file ...

Here is the formula :

Code
    =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND("x",A1)+1,MAX(IFERROR(FIND({1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0},A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1)))),0))-FIND("x",A1)))*1

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Sorry ... just realized I forgot to mention it was an Array Formula ...?( ( for future readers ...)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!