Multiple And Statements

• Hi All

Any thoughts on a formula that gives a different output for a range of numbers.

i.e.

A1 contains a value from 0 to 1000

A formula in A2 should follow the following scenario:

If the number is below 200 then show a response of "Low"

If the number is equal to or greater than 200 but below 400 then show a response of "Medium"

If the number is equal to or greater than 400 but below 800 then show a response of "Medium High"

If the number is equal to or greater than 800 and below 1000 then show a response of "High"

If the number is equal to or greater than 1000 then show "Very High"

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you

• What if it is equal to 200 or 400 or 800 or 1000? You haven't specified.

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

• HI NBVC

Thanks for the repsonse

Sorry, I though I was clear on that.

If the number is below 200 then show a response of "Low"

If the number is equal to or greater than 200 but below 400 then show a response of "Medium"

If the number is equal to or greater than 400 but below 800 then show a response of "Medium High"

If the number is equal to or greater than 800 and below 1000 then show a response of "High"

If the number is equal to or greater than 1000 then show "Very High"

Thank you

• In that case try:

=LOOKUP(A1,{0,200,400,800,1000},{"Low","Medium","Medium High","High","Very High"})

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!