Conditional Formatting for printing

• Hi,

I am trying to determine how I can conditional format (Border thin line) a range of cells that are not blank.

What I have is a setup macro () that provides data from a Pivot table, formats the 4 columns of data (text in title row, bold for title row, width for each column) and then splits the data into 2 lots of 4 columns (for printing names and phone numbers and printing on complete page) however at the end of the macro I would like to add clearing of any formatting in this area, and then conditional formatting of thin border to every cell with data in it.

I can do it with the manual conditional formatting - with a dynamic formula =$H1>0 (although the cells contain letters) and apply it to $H$1:$K$1000 and $M1:$P$1000 (which fit into the page for printing) but I cannot work out how to add this to the setup macro.

One of the issues I have is that the macro for arranging the data includes the deletion of 2 columns which confuses the manual conditional format I set, and requires me to set it all up again, hence the automation request.

Thanks in advance for any assistance:).

Ron

• Hi,

You could turn on your macro recorder and go manually through your process once ...

You would get an initial "macro translation" of your actions ...

Hope this will help

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!