Error 424 Object required

• Hello,
    I am in process of learning VBA usage for Excel and I encountered an problem which I can not solve. I typed in this code from a book and I am getting Error 424 at some point of code. Code should copy range of cells from excel to power point in form of picture. When I execute it it copy range to some extent and then it shows this error 424. When i hit debug button it says that error 424 is showing on PPSlide.Shapes.Paste.Select line...tough some copy pasting did occur.I tried to solve that by myself but I can not so I hope that someone will help me thank you. I am using excel 2013. I am also attaching excel file.

forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/54024/

• Re: Error 424 Object required

One more thing if i type

PPSlide.Shapes.Paste instead of PPSlide.Shapes.Paste.Select then I do not get the error and macro finish task in full but I still can not figure out why .selection part is causing problems.

Thank you for help,

N

[SIZE=3]The Only Dumb Question Is A Question Not Asked.[/SIZE]

Quote from yegarboy;667090

Now it says Compile error method or data member not found. for added line :(

Ah I see, "my mistake"

Remove the Select line I added.

Once its pasted its already selected. Thats why it errored out. :)

[SIZE=3]The Only Dumb Question Is A Question Not Asked.[/SIZE]

Thank you so much for your reply. Tough I am still puzzled why many write that if it does not work for the given case? Does it something to do with excel versions?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!