Expanding Grouped Rows Freezing Excel (w/example workbook)

• I posted this question yesterday, but wanted to include an example sheet of the issue I'm having. I didn't include one yesterday, because I don't have the issue even when I move the sheet to my second monitor, so I'm not sure if anyone else will be able to duplicate my problem. The problem I have is when I have the attached Excel file opened and filling my primary monitor's screen, and I'm scrolled all the way to the left of the sheet, and then I click to expand the grouped rows using the + sign in row 22 of the "Grouping Issue" tab, it freezes my Excel. Below is my original post from yesterday.

In one of my workbook sheets, I have a section of about 10 rows that I've grouped together. When I go to ungroup the rows using the "+" sign, it freezes Excel -- BUT, it only freezes if the following conditions are met:

• If I'm scrolled all the way over to the left of the sheet - if I scroll over even one column so that column A is no longer showing, I can expand without issue.
    • If Excel is maximized on my monitor - if I'm anything less than full screen, I can expand without issue.
    • If I'm on my primary monitor - if I drag excel over to my second monitor, I can expand/regroup without any issue, whether maximized or not.

I've never had this issue with any other workbook, and I'm completely stumped since it's such a narrow set of circumstances that causes this -- however, this set of circumstances is how I use excel and the sheet 99% of the time, so it's a big problem for me!

• Add the example to the existing question.

This is a duplicate post and as such does not comply with our forum rules. This thread will now be closed, you may continue in your other thread.

Thread Closed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!