$200: Need help with user form that I created. 1) TextBoxes to change colors based on logic and 2) entered data into user from to be saved to spreadsheet

• $20 Paid to OzGrid: Attahment outlines what I'm looking for. Excel userform also attached

I have a large data base with lots of columns/rows and is a pain to keep scrolling through all those columns to look up information and also to add or edit info in that data base. The data comes from another server that I download and then paste into this excel worksheet.

I have lots of dates that I must update so I decided to build a user form in excel (total novice and watched YouTube videos to get this far) so I can see all of the data on one page.

I have a combobox which has a dropdown where I select a project name and then all of my textbox’s are filled with the data and dates associated with that project into my user form via VLOOKUP

There are 2 parts to my request;

• Part 1: Has to do with dealing with dates and is explained on page 2 of the attached pdf document.
    • Part 2: Once I select a project from the dropdown box in my userform, I would like to be able to edit any dates in my userform textboxes and have the new entered dates update the worksheet with the new dates. These date boxes would need a format command added so that dates are formatted correctly or the user gets an error. {I think there is a command along the lines of ShortDate that would seem to work)

Only the dates need to be able to update the data base and not any of the textbox’s at the top of the userform.

I know these can be done because I did get some of it to work (the coloring schemes for part II and also to edit and replace data in the worksheet) but I figured an expert would kick these out in no time. Here is the part that I couldn’t find any info on;

I would like all date edits that were inputted on the userform and then were written to the worksheet show up as GREEN text or GREEN backgrounds on the worksheet. I need to be able to tell what I changed so when I go to the server I can make the changes there.

IF you need any more info let me know. Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!