Clear individual ranges of cells if different individual cells change. I need nested IF changes.

• Just found out ANOTHER rather strange behaviour for the merged cells... inside an Event macro ... :cursing::evil:

As you are about to pick a new number ...

Instead of replacing a given number by another number ...

- just delete the value ... it will delete the corresponding numbers ...

- and then ... you can input your new number ... :S:S:S

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• I'm confused, but that is normal.:)

I am not sure if that Application.EnableEvents has to be at the top of the code you provided, "in" the code or after the code. If that would work.

I have to run again to go visit with my 90-year-old mother for dinner.

I really appreciate everything you have done.

I believe I get what you are talking about with the "picking a new number", thing, but I can live with that, I think...

I can't believe I have gotten this lost in coding that used to be more comprehensible. Don't get old...

• Merged Cells do create CONFUSION ... !!!

An alternative ... may be a bit easier would be to use the Double-Click Event

P.S. Have a nice dinner with your mother <3

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• Carim,

It still doesn't work. I am assuming that your code was set up so that if I double-clicked in Cell B3, then the values in R3:T5 would clear, either before I actually entered a value in B3 or perhaps After I enter the value.

I am still a little confused about HOW to use the Application.EnableEvents = True or Application.EnableEvents = False.

From what I am finding online, it appears the Application.EnableEvents is written inside the VBA event. I have tried it every which way I can.

I've tried it set to both True and False, and also tried it as True to start and False before the End Sub, and nothing seems to work.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

Application.EnableEvents = True

If Target.Column > 10 Then Exit Sub

If Target.Count <> 3 Then Exit Sub

Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, y As Integer

i = Target.Row: j = Target.Column

' Determine Corresponding Column Number

y = ((Int(j - 2) * 3) + 18) + (Int(Int(j - 2) / 3))

' Contents of Corresponding Range gets cleared '''''''

Cells(i, y).Resize(3, 3).ClearContents

Cancel = True

End Sub

Also, I am assuming that the VBA code you wrote goes in here:

Thank you again for ALL your help. You are a life saver! ;)

• Thanks a lot for your Like :!::!::!::thumbup:

Good Luck for your Sudoku project ...

:)

• Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...

Both methods of the code work.

I was doing a little more testing on the rest of my project when I started typing this.

I have to admit, I NEVER would have developed a similar way of doing this.

My coding and use of formulas are NOT nearly as slick as the way the other Soduku works, but it kind of has a different methodology than he had.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!