What i want to do is:
1. In column D over 12 worksheets i have the words or description of : resale, Labor, utility. depending on what is said the items was.
2. In column E I have a dollar amount listed in those 12 worksheets.
3. There are 15 worksheets in this workbook named ( Jan-Dec, Year to date, option page, New equip repairs)
4. What i want to do is with this information i gave you is: I want to search thru column D of all 12 worksheets and extract the word resale and in column E i want to extract the dollar amount that is connected with the word resale.
5. Then i want to to add all the amounts that are associated with resale over all 12 months and put them in A45 cell on the worksheet named "Year to date".
The problem is i don't know if i use a VLOOKUP formula or i use some sort of macro. I'm just kind of lost on this one.
posted also: https://www.mrexcel.com/board/…om-12-worksheets.1161876/