ActiveX Option Buttons Not Recognized as OLEObjects?

• Hi!

I added several sets of ActiveX option buttons to a worksheet. I want to identify which button in each group has been selected. Each group is uniquely named. Each option button is uniquely named. I am referencing the objects as OLEObjects.

Groups:

AppUse

Logins

Downloads

Buttons:

obYesAppUse, obNoAppUse

obYesLogins, obNoLogins

obYesDownloads, obNoDownloads

I was not getting the result I expected, so I checked to get a count of OLEObjects on my sheet, and the response I received was zero. It appears that my option buttons are not getting recognized as OLEObjects, and that's why I'm not getting my expected results. I am clearly missing something basic, but I don't know what.

I ran this to perform a basic check of my assumption regarding the option buttons being OLEObjects and was surprised to see zero OLEObjects.

Sub CheckButtons()

Dim ctrl As OLEObject

MsgBox "start"

Dim i As Integer

i = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Count

MsgBox (i)

End Sub

I would appreciate some help getting pointed in the right direction.

Thanks -

Art

• Well, I'm using Excel365, so I wonder how that may be interfering, but...when I created the buttons, I inserted using the ActiveX Controls option buttons, not the Form Controls option buttons.

• However, I had the code block on the module and not on the sheet. Moving my code to the sheet identified the objects successfully. I knew it was something basic - thanks for helping me clarify my thoughts.

• Welcome to the Forum. Please read the Forum Rules to understand how the Forum works and why I have added Code Tags to your post

All VBA code posted in the forum must be wrapped in code tags, which you omitted, including single-line code snippets.Be sure to use them in future posts.

How to use code tags

Note: no apostrophe in the tags, just used for demonstration here.

['code]

your code goes between these tags

['/code]

Or, just highlight all of the code and press the <> in the post menu above button to add the code tags.

Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!