Open Multiple XLSM files from a given Folder

• You're welcome. Thanks for your kind comments and the Likes

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• Hi KjBox,

The code is working fine but every day when I run the Macro it says file is not found or misplaced or deleted.

Everytime , as you told I have to save the file save as and then only the the macro runs.

My worry is that every day I have to do the same.

Is there any permanent solution to this.

• I have always found that doing the Open File > Save As (with same name & location, overwriting file already there) > Close File (without saving changes) sometimes needs to be done just once.

I will look into why you are having to do it repeatedly.

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• I have always found that doing the Open File > Save As (with same name & location, overwriting file already there) > Close File (without saving changes) sometimes needs to be done just once.

I will look into why you are having to do it repeatedly.

It happens every day but not on the same date.

• Hi KjBox,

Can we have progress Bar Indicator in the above file "Historical Data Controller".

• Hi KjBox,

Sorry for disturbing you again,

The files " Historical data controller" was working fine till 30April 2022, but I think Yahoo has made some changes and now the error shows "Emulate URL: unexpexted error"

Please correct it.

• Without knowing what changes Yahoo has made, if any, I cannot make any correction to the code.

• Hi KjBox,

The historicaldatacontroller.xlsm file is working correctly now.

Can you make a small change that it updates first 25 file then wait for 5 min then again updates the next 25 files and waits for 5 min and continues like this till all the files are updated.

Rest everything remains same.

Actually yahoo is not allowing to update more than 25 files at a go.

• Try changing the "UpdateAllFiles" procedure to:

I have included a "Progress Status" message that will show in your Status Bar

• You're welcome

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!