Add and subtract from another sheet

Important Notice

Please note that on 14th December 2023 users will experience an expected outage whilst we make upgrades to our network. We anticipate this process may take a couple of hours and so we apologise in advance for any inconvenience.

• Hello, I have a workbook with two sheets Sheet 1- Oldstock 2021-2022 : It contains warehouse information Sheet 2- Transaction we are selling & returning items stated Question 1: About the information we got from the first article We have two processes: the sale (Sale) and the return (retrieval) and the quantity sold or returned After putting the quantity sold, I want to make a confirmation in order to transfer NEWSTOCK to Quantity in stock on the first sheet. Question 2: 2- How to add the current date automatically each time I add a new line I put it now () but how is it written automatically The file is attached. Thank you.

• Here's an example that contains a layout to store transactions, i.e. stock in and out and a master sheet that shows current tock levels updated by formulas.

• Hello, I have a workbook with two sheets Sheet 1- Oldstock 2021-2022 : It contains warehouse information Sheet 2- Transaction we are selling & returning items stated Question 1: About the information we got from the first article We have two processes: the sale (Sale) and the return (retrieval) and the quantity sold or returned After putting the quantity sold, I want to make a confirmation in order to transfer NEWSTOCK to Quantity in stock on the first sheet. Question 2: 2- How to add the current date automatically each time I add a new line I put it now () but how is it written automatically The file is attached. Thank you.

You got it figured out yet or do you need additional help?

• Here's an example that contains a layout to store transactions, i.e. stock in and out and a master sheet that shows current tock levels updated by formulas.

Thank you very much, I will try the same in my work & get back to you.
    You are a life saver roy.

• The formulas are fairly easy to adapt. Note I use Tables which are much better for this purpose.

Overview of Excel Tables

Post back if you are unsure of anything.

• Here's another solution in case anyone is interested later:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!