Change Background using Color Index When Value In Column Changes

• Hello Excel Gurus,

Can you please help update this so that it uses a random different color in the color index each time the value changes? The way it is working now is that it alternates between gray to white. I am trying to make it change to a different color every time the value changes all the way down a column.

This works except for the color index:

Thank you very much.

Mavlon

• Change

Code
    .ColorIndex = 15

to

Code
    .ColorIndex = Application.RandBetween(1, 56)

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• Hi KjBox,

I made the change to .ColorIndex = Application.RandBetween(1, 56) but it changed the colors when the part number was the same and then skipped a number leaving it with a white background for next number and then continues with multicolor for next part number etc..

Column A was the result. I edited Column B to show what I am trying to achieve:

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Mavlon

• Attach your workbook, we cannot work with an image

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• Hi KjBox,

Oops I forgot to edit it to the last revision I used:

Kind regards,

Mavlon

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!