Append New String/Values to pre-existing String/value in a Cell

• Good Day to All.

I am using the below code to try to add a New Value (Cell 4,4) to a pre-existing value (Cell 5,4) without erasing the string details. An example of the process is shown below:

Step 1

Step 2

What am I missing from this code? Because its not keeping all the previously entered values/string characters in place as I am adding a new number/value

Much appreciated in advance!!!!

• Could you attach a copy of file? It would be easier to see how your data is organized and to test possible solutions. Include a detailed explanation of what you want to do using a few examples from your data and referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets. De-sensitize the data if necessary.

You can say "THANK YOU" for help received by clicking the :thumbup: icon in the bottom right corner of the helper's post.
    Practice makes perfect. I am very far from perfect so I'm still practising.

• Yes! And thank you very much in advance for the suggestion to clarify.

What Im looking to do with the above script is to zero out the Transition To Bill "New Bill" field by aggregating/moving it into the "Billed" field by simply adding it to the formula for an updated calculation.

Heres the reasoning: When I want to create a current bill, i like to see (by peeking into the "Billed" field formula) what past billing amounts were to get a rough idea of how to bill the current period.

• Welcome to the Forum. Please read the Forum Rules to understand how the Forum works and why I have added Code Tags to your post

All VBA code posted in the forum must be wrapped in code tags, which you omitted, including single-line code snippets.Be sure to use them in future posts.

How to use code tags

Just highlight all of the code and press the <> in the post menu above button to add the code tags.

Thanks.

• The cells referred to in the code are empty.

I don't think you will need the "=" in the concatenate line.

I definitely think you should be using a none VBA way. There's no point using VBA when a properly designed spreadsheet would be better. Store all additional inputs in a Table and sum those values.

• Place this formula in cell B9:

=SUM(OFFSET(B9,-4,0, 2, 2))

Change the cell reference (B9) to match the row number.

You can say "THANK YOU" for help received by clicking the :thumbup: icon in the bottom right corner of the helper's post.
    Practice makes perfect. I am very far from perfect so I'm still practising.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!