pulling cell values from other workbooks (listed paths)

• Hi,

I am new here and I hoppe you guys apologize that I am not a native speaker.

I have tried different solutions for my challenge and honestly I always failed.

Unfortunately I am not a VBA expert, I was programming last time 25 years ago (yes, there had been already bulky PC on the market :D ).

Source files:

- different xls* files, inn different folders

- they are containing in different sheets ("main" and "plan") cell values (single cells, no ranges)

- some of them I want to import into a cockpit file

destination file:

- "cockpit", so far one sheet "GF"

- it should become a table, with a header in line 1

- per line I need to import the values of the source files in to (B2,3,4,5,6...)

- in one cell (A2,3,4...) I copied the full path of the sourcefile for this line (c:\user\.....\example.xlsm)*

* a workaround, because I failed to create a parser in subfolders ;(

I want the macro:

- to open the workbooks specified in column A

- copy the date from different cells in different sheet into the current line

- not changing the source files (in my tries I frequently corrupted the source)

so far:

- I made the array working and the loop ready (thanks to some codes I have found)

- It seems , all the workbooks are opening/closing one by one, the target cells are getting activated, but no content is pasted (my clipboard is empty)

- sometimes sources are corrupted, when I turn ReadOnly in open into True, I am getting prompted for each file to select a filename to be saved (I don't want to change the sources)

What went wrong?

I would be very happy to get some support here!

Best

Martin

• Welcome to the Forum. Please read the Forum Rules to understand how the Forum works and why I have added Code Tags to your post

All VBA code posted in the forum must be wrapped in code tags, which you omitted, including single-line code snippets.Be sure to use them in future posts.

How to use code tags

Just highlight all of the code and press the <> in the post menu above button to add the code tags.

Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!