Change On Sheet 1 Column AE To What Is In Column B Of Sheet 2

• MODERATOR NOTICE: This topic has also been posted on other sites and may already have an answer elsewhere. Please take this into consideration when answering this question

cross post at mrexcel.com/board/threads/chan…umn-b-of-sheet-2.1213743/

I have sheet 2 like below. I need a code please that when I type or paste a number into a cell on Sheet 1 column AE, it needs to change to what is next to it on sheet 2 column B.

Sheet 2

HeaderHeader
    TestTest1
    HelloGoodbye

So if I type or paste 'Test' into say AE2 on sheet 1 it will change to 'Test1' automatically. Or if I type or paste 'Hello' in AE5 it automatically changes to 'Goodbye'. Data on sheet 2 may be thousands of rows.

Thanks

• Go to Best Answer
  • Try the attached.

Code in Worksheet Object Module for Sheet 1 is:

• Try the attached.

Code in Worksheet Object Module for Sheet 1 is:

Thanks. Your sample seems to work great but when I put code in my file nothing happens? I will be writing over existing values in AE if that makes any difference?

• Best Answer

Actual file sent and code amended, the sheet code name for "Sheet 2" was Sheet4 not Sheet2

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• alansidman

Added the Label Cross Post

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!