How To Obtain The Dates Inserted In Column "C" That Are Inside The Quotations For Each Row

• MODERATOR NOTICE: This topic has also been posted on other sites and may already have an answer elsewhere. Please take this into consideration when answering this question

https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/excel-forum/vba-macros/how-to-obtain-the-dates-inserted-in-column-c-that-are-inside-the-quotations-for-each-row

Hello everyone my name is Maurizio and my problem is this:

I understand that for some people, this request of mine may seem silly and much more.

But since I don't know if it is possible, I have less to create all this

I propose it to you anyway; If nothing else, I will be able to increase my knowledge of programming.

Having said that I repeat the problem and this:

In an Excel sheet I would like to write in Column (A1: A31) the dates ranging from (01/01/2022) to

(31/01/2022) and so far everything is ok

Now what I would like to know and if it were possible to obtain the Same thing this time inserted in the Column (C1: C31) but it has this type of format ("01/01/2022") to ("31/01/2022")

Surely Leveraging The VBA

For more information on how I would like to achieve as a final result

Look at this image

[img] https://i.postimg.cc/D0vtcBmT/Aiuto-Date.jpg [/ img]

Thanks Since Now For All The Help You Will Want To Give Me About Saliti da A.MaurizioModifica_Data_Nella_Colonna_C_Con_Il_VBA.xlsm

• Hello rollis13

First I want to thank you for your intervention, but while trying all the changes I know

The Only Thing I Can Get Even Adding The (Format) Is This:

Code
        Range("C2").Select
        ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = Range("C2").Value & ("""\gg/mm/aaaa\""")
        Range("C3").Select

See also the photo that gives me as a final result

But maybe it is I who am wrong in something.

Greetings and thanks anyway

• This would be the syntax for cell C2 in a macro:

Code
    Range("C2").NumberFormat = "\""dd/mm/yyyy\"""

but it would be quicker if you manually select the entire column and apply \"gg/mm/aaaa\" as Custom Format to the cells.

• You can do this with a formula, no need for VBA.

Your 2 images are different, you have a header in the second one and dates start in A2, the first image has no header and dates starting in A1

If you do have a header put this in C2 and copy down as far as you want

=IF(A2="","",""""&TEXT(A2,"dd/mm/yyyy")&"""")

If no header then change A2 in the formula to A1, put formula in C1 and copy down.

You can copy the formula down for more rows that there are dates, if a cell in column A is empty then the formula will make the cell in column C blank.

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• Hello to all of you Forum

And especially a (rollis13) and a (KjBox)

Because your interventions have been Superlative

I honestly Speaking I would never have gotten to do such a thing; Despite having tried and tried several times.

Therefore Thanks Really

Greetings and good day and good job to all from A.Maurizio

• rory

Added the Label Cross Post
  • You're welcome

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• Hi Hi KjBox Listen:

I wanted to try your formula which is this:

But he continues to give them Erendere in this Sector:

See the first

Code
    = IF (A2 = "", "", "" "" & TEXT (A2; "dd / mm / yyyy") & "" "")

And the error that appears to me has this written

And the error that appears to me has this written

In your opinion why

And how can I overcome this inconvenience!

Thank you

• It would appear that your locale settings are different from mine, and semicolons are used rather than commas

Try

=IF(A2="";"";""""&TEXT(A2;"dd/mm/yyyy")&"""")

or maybe

=IF(A2="";"";""""&TEXT(A2;"gg/mm/aaaa")&"""")

• To like a post click on the smiley icon bottom left of post.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!