Swap axes in Excel (Word) chart

• MODERATOR NOTICE: This topic has also been posted on other sites and may already have an answer elsewhere. Please take this into consideration when answering this question

Swap axes in Excel (Word) chart

Hello,
    Can you please kindly help me? (I have spent many hours trying to solve it).
    Attached, there is a Word file with Excel chart.
    I want to swap the axes, i.e. what is on the horizontal axes should be plotted on the vertical and vice versa.
    Otherwise (including the legend), I want the chart to remain the same.
    Is this possible?
    example1.docx

Many thanks, Jan

• rory

Added the Label Cross Post
  • No, you can't do that with a stock chart, I'm afraid. It might be possible to do it using an XY scatter instead with lots of dummy series and custom formatting but it would take quite a bit of work I suspect.

Rory
    Theory is when you know something, but it doesn’t work. Practice is when something works, but you don’t know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they don’t know why

• Hello,

very many thanks for your detailed reply, which I do appreciate.

I have attempted many methods how to reach my aim, includ?ng data transponing in the Excel source spreadheet. But nothing lead to success.

Also, please note that the chart is not - in fact - the genuine functionality, which is used for confidence intervals as intended by the software. There does exist a special type of chart for this, whoever, I have used a "cheat" how to plot the intervals: I used "linkong of extreme". I have done this in because I wanted to get the upper and lower data labels to be plotted automatically (which is something what the built-in type does not acheive)

Many thanks again!

Jan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!