Automatically creating 8x12 grids on one workbook from 96 row list on another workbook

• Hello,

I am very new to macros and VBA but trying to improve. Each time I conduct an experiment a raw database is automatically generated. In the raw database each data set is arranged in 1 column with 96 rows (there are multiple columns of 96 on each raw data base). I need to transfer this data to another workbook which is my Final data base and on the final database I would like the data to be formatted in 8x12 grids (one for each column of 96). The way this is currently being done is very slow and error prone so I am trying to automate it.

For each RAW data workbook that is generated I would like to use a template of the final data workbook so that I can create 1 final data workbook which includes 8x12 grids for each column of 96 on the raw data sheet.

I initially used this formula "INDEX(A1:A96, TRANSPOSE(SEQUENCE(12,8)))" using excel 365 and that worked, but realised that the PC that I need to use the databases on has Excel 2019 which does not have the SEQUENCE function.

I am very new to macros and VBA but I was hoping someone could help me write a VBA code to create a function or a command button to do what I would like to do. (Hope it all makes sense - see attachments also)

Thank you in advance

• Hello,

Just realized you made it clear you had a preference for a macro ...

Attached is a demo file in order to transform a List into a Matrix ...

It will require to be adapted to your specific situation, and to the exact structure of your workbooks ...

To help you out, comments (-shown in green within the code-) should assist you for all your modifications ... ;)

Hope this will help

• maehar

Once you have tested both proposals :

1. the first one with a Function ...

and

2. the second one with a Macro ...

Feel free to share your comments ...

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

• What would explain the total lack of reactions ... ???

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!