Clear cells running a macro, and Undo

• HI. I am trying to clear the below cells. When I hit my macro button, I am receiving an error. Also, after hitting my macro, how can I hit undo to bring contents back in case of an error?

Code
    Sub Computation1()
    Sheets("computation").Range ("I7:Y27") * Range("J54:N200") * Range("j44:m50").ClearContents
    End Sub
  • Re: Clear cells running a macro, and Undo

Code
    Sub Maybe()
    Sheets("computation").Range("I7:Y27, J54:N200, J44:M50").ClearContents
    End Sub

When you delete with a macro it's gone to never come back again. There is no such thing as undo.
    If it is really required you might need to copy the sheet/workbook temporarely before running the code.

Try this out :)

[SIZE=3]The Only Dumb Question Is A Question Not Asked.[/SIZE]

asternga,

Please read the forum rules and learn to use code tags.

All VBA code posted in the forum must be wrapped in code tags, which you omitted, including single-line code snippets.
    Edit your thread to add the missing tags

[COLOR="navy"]How to use code tags[/COLOR]

[noparse]

Code
    [/noparse]
    [COLOR="navy"]your code goes between these tags[/COLOR]
    [noparse]

[/noparse]

Or, just highlight all of the code and press the [COLOR="#FF0000"]#[/COLOR] button to add the code tags

I was under the impression that the OP wanted to undo a macro command which is irreversible.
    I don't want the OP to have the idea that he can undo a macro command.
    From the MS site:
    Application.Undo undoes only the last action taken by the user before running the macro.
    It cannot be used to undo Visual Basic commands.

I like this, however how can I make it where it clears the contents, and then ask proceed with changes? So, that if it accidently clears an incorrect cell, I can click no and it undo's what I cleared.

Thread closed until OP acknowledges forum rules and agrees to use code tags.
    Send a PM per the above and I will unlock the thread.

EDIT:
    PM received, thread re-opened

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!