Vlookup using indirect to determine which column to get data from

• Column A = Vendor part # for item based on data in column B.
    Column B = Results of Vendor a "Data Validation LIST" on another worksheet that I choose from.
    Column C = Pricing Lookup from additional vendor workbooks
    Column D = Part #'s of multiple rows of inventory items that I have assigned my part #'s to.
    Columns E - L = Data for Column A

I'm trying to fill in Column A using the correct Column of information based on the a variable value of Column B.

=VLOOKUP(D2,D1:L11,2,FALSE) <<<<< Need to replace the 2 for the column with a variable based on Column B was attempting INDIRECT with no luck.

[Blocked Image: http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=55620&stc=1]

• Re: Vlookup using indirect to determine which column to get data from

This is what I'm understanding you want to do: Whatever value is inserted into column B for the vendor, you want column a to show the matching value in the table... If that's correct, use an hlookup instead of vlookup, and try this: =HLOOKUP(B2,$D$1:$L$11,2,FALSE) You will want to throw '$' in front of the letter and number of the selection so it doesn't change as you copy/paste it into the other cells in column a. Hope that's what you're looking for.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!