Optimising a Column Insert VBA Code: Convert code from .Cells to .Range?

• Hi!

I need help in optimizing below Code that first inserts a column in sheet "Data" before/at Column D, then copies values from Rows 4 to 7 of Column C of Sheet "LIVE" and pastes the same on Sheet "DATA" at position Col. D.

The problem is that the below code inserts one cell at a time, while I would like to convert it to a .Range code for faster run time.
    Requested since the no. of data to be inserted is about 2000, which leads to memory issues for running cell-wise inserts.

Code
    Sub CopyMyData()

Sheets("DATA").Columns("D:D").Insert Shift:=xlRight, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove

Sheets("DATA").Cells(4, 4) = Sheets("LIVE").Cells(4, 3)
    Sheets("DATA").Cells(5, 4) = Sheets("LIVE").Cells(5, 3)
    Sheets("DATA").Cells(6, 4) = Sheets("LIVE").Cells(6, 3)
    Sheets("DATA").Cells(7, 4) = Sheets("LIVE").Cells(7, 3)

End Sub

Thanks

• Re: Optimising a Column Insert VBA Code: Convert code from .Cells to .Range?

Try:

Code
    Sub CopyMyData()
        Sheets("DATA").Columns("D:D").Insert Shift:=xlRight, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
        Sheets("LIVE").Range("C4:C7").Copy Sheets("DATA").Range("D4")
    End Sub

You can say "THANK YOU" for help received by clicking the :thumbup: icon in the bottom right corner of the helper's post.
    Practice makes perfect. I am very far from perfect so I'm still practising.

Nopes, your code was only copying formula along with cell formatting etc. My original code is just copying values.
    Following Code helped me though:

Code
    Sub CopyMyData()
        Worksheets("DATA").Columns("D:D").Insert Shift:=xlRight, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
        Worksheets("DATA").Range("C4:C7").Value = Worksheets("LIVE").Range("D4:D7").Value
    End Sub

Thanks again for your prompt replies though.

Code
    Option Explicit

Sub CopyMyData()
        With Sheets("DATA")
            .Columns("D:D").Insert Shift:=xlRight, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
            .Range("D4:D7").Value = Sheets("LIVE").Range("C4:C7").Value
        End With
    End Sub

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!