Display Text/Reference Text for a Formula field

• Hello,

I have the following formula to display a date in a column:
    =DATE(YEAR(S3),MONTH(S3)+1,DAY(NOW()))
    And I've formatted the cell to display it as "October 2013" etc.

On a separate worksheet I have a conditional formula that is searching for certain values in the above column and providing a sum of the adjacent column. However, it is delivering me zeros because (I believe) it is not matching the value, it is seeing the formula. Is it possible to have a formula look for the value of a cell only?

Thank you,
    Laura

• Re: Display Text/Reference Text for a Formula field

What is the formula you are using? And if there is a reference cell for the criteria, what exactly is in that cell?

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

I apologize... I probably should not have responded so that someone else can help you. I unfortunately have to leave now and won't be back on for a day or two... so if somebody else can continue to help corcelle, I would appreciate it....

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

So same as the other thread, try instead formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(DATE(YEAR(Two!$W$3:$AS$10),MONTH(Two!$W$3:$AS$10),1)=DATE(YEAR(A7),MONTH(A7),1)),Two!$X$3:$AT$10)

you have a mixture of dates in your Two sheet that do not match the dates in One sheet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!