Creating Dynamic Sparkline that correspond to different columns using named range?

• hi!

I have a set of month-wise data from which I need to draw sparklines using native excel sparkline option, in multiple sheets of Excel.

Requirement:

If A1= Jan, then sparkline corresponding to data in column J to be drawn in cell B1
    If A1= Feb, then sparkline corresponding to data in column K to be drawn in cell B1
    If A1= Mar, then sparkline corresponding to data in column L to be drawn in cell B1

Above need to be done WITHOUT creating an additional column of hlookups for the dynamic named range

Formula used for my dynamic range is

Code
    =OFFSET(Sheet1!$J$2,,,COUNT(Sheet1!$J$2:$J$50))

Can this formula be made dynamic (using Indirect or something similar) so that the the named range (press Ctrl+F3 to see named range) can pick values from some other cell and change column references to Col. J, K, L etc. and not just be stuck to J2 and J2:J50

Sample file attached.

Note: The thread is a continuation of another thread posted on this forum at: http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183293 That thread is closed since I feel I was asking the wrong question there.

Regards,

Naira

• Re: Creating Dynamic Sparkline that correspond to different columns using named range

No need for named ranges:

Code
    Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
        If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Target.Offset(, 1).SparklineGroups.Item(1).Item(1).SourceData = Columns(9 + Application.Match(Target, Array("Jan", "Feb", "Mar"), 0)).SpecialCells(2).Offset(1).SpecialCells(2).Address
    End Sub

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!