CountIF for Date Range

• Hello,

I have a series of data that lists projects and provides the Start Month/Year and End Month/Year for each project. On a separate workbook, I have a dashboard that is showing for each month: # of projects starting, # of projects ending, and # of projects in progress. I have figured out formulas for the first 2 but I cannot figure out how to depict the in progress one. Here's what I have:

# projects to start: =COUNTIF('Current Projects'!$AU$3:$AU$502,A11) where A11 is the month I want to know the data for and the range is the list of project start dates
    # projects to complete:
    =COUNTIF('Current Projects'!$AV$3:$AV$502,A11) where A11 is the month I want to know the data for and the range is the list of project completion dates

How do I determine for the month in "A11" if a project is between the 2 start and end dates?

Thanks for your help,
    Corcell

• Re: CountIF for Date Range

Are the dates in AU and AV actual dates formatted to show as month/year or are they text strings?

Is the Month in A11 a number representing the month number, a text string such as "January" or a date formatted as M or MMM or MMMM?

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!