copy and paste using ctl short key?

• How can I cut/copy and paste the 1st row to last row using the CTL function? My memory is not what it used to be. If I have rows say 1-500 columns 1-5 with data. I want to be able to cut that information and paste it on another sheet or another area

Thanks

• Re: copy and paste using ctl short key?

Do you want to do using VBA (macro) or just the range?
    Once you select the range press Ctrl+C, go to the other sheet or file and select the cell where the first field swill come and press Ctlr+V.
    With VBA you coul also record the macro while doing this and see how the code looks like after you stop recordding the macro and edit it to your further needs.

Hans
    "IT" Always crosses your path :)

I just want range for now. I have a spread sheet that I need to take off a lot of data roughly 300,000 rows x 6 columns of data and replace it with new data from another sheet. I normally have to start at row and highlight columns ABCDEF and drag it down and pray I do not fall asleep LOL (it has happened LOL) I used to be able to do a function that would high light all the rows and columns but forgot how to do that

Or Ctrl-* to select the CurrentRange of a cell/range of cells.

Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

For more Excel memes: visit http://www.wimgielis.com ==> English articles ==> Excel memes

-- Topics without [CODE] tags or a meaningful topic title, will be neglected by me (and probably many others as well) --

And this:

Code
    Sub SelectAll()
        Range("A2").Select
        Range(Selection, ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).Select
    End Sub

Will setelc all to the last filles row/column starting from cell A2

Hans
    "IT" Always crosses your path :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!