hard queston about vb

• hi there

today i have very hard question

i doubt to find its answer

anyway i ask but please if u know let me know too

there is a workbook that located in local network lets call it "confirmation workbook"

there is another workbook in same location named "refrence",and it contains id's and related datas to id's

now i want to creat a userform1 in "confirmation workbook",that contain a textbox that i want to user enter an id number,and i want vb goes and searches that id datas in "reffrence workbook",and show related datas in userform1
    ,and soooo

i want to enter a data for example"confirmed" in text box in userform1 below the information of that searched id,and that "confirmed" sentence enter and save in related id in "reffrence workbook"

what a hard question!

do u know how can i do it?

every help will be appreciated and thanks in advance

• Re: hard queston about vb

Which version of Excel?

How is the data laid out, if it's a table of data then you don't need VBA VLOOKUP works across workbooks without opening the data workbook

its excel workbook

and normal excel data

how i should change vlookup vb code?

im using this now :

You cannot do that - you could open the workbook containing the worksheet via vba code.

Code
    Dim wb As Workbook
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    Set wb = Workbooks.Open("C:\Temp\Book2.xlsx")
    Set ws = wb.Worksheets("Mainreport")
    wb.Activate
        If Me.TextBox51.Text <> "" Then

However if the value does not exist on VLookUp you will get an error so you will need to use something like

Code
    On Error Resume Next
    if err.Number<>0 then

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony
    [/SIZE]&WCF_AMPERSAND[SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE]&WCF_AMPERSAND&WCF_AMPERSAND&WCF_AMPERSAND[SIZE=2]You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.[/SIZE]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!